The more research you do, the more convinced that although Forest Scientific Corporation is not always the lowest price, it is the best value for your school.
- Made in the USA.
- On-site parts & labor 36 month warranty on all new CNC machines made by Forest Scientific Corporation. Most of our competitors warranties are parts only. This means that you will save the $3,000.00- 6,000.00 that others charge to have someone come on-site from the factory if a problem occurs during the warranty. Do not assume other companies will come to your school for free.
- Unless otherwise specified, all machines come fully assembled. Most of our competitors will require 40-80 hours of your time to assemble the machine. Our machines are often running withing an hour of arrival if the electricity and other utilities are ready.
- CNC Controls connect to the computer through USB not outdated parallel port, serial port, ISA ports, or other port that requires a DOS or other outdated computer. Do not assume that the technology is current. most of the machines on the market are out of date.
- Hardened, profiled, made in Ohio, THK linear ways and bearings not just wheels running on Angle Iron. These machines can not be bumped out of place like most of the machines on the market in the same price range.
- Grease fitting on each linear bearing for a long life.
- All our CNC machines use industry standard G&M codes not a proprietary language.
This way you are teaching marketable skills not just playing with a dead end toybot.
- You can use any CAD/CAM producing industry standard G-Codes such as Mastercam,
Surfcam, Edgecam, Enroute, Vcarve, Rhinocam, and more.
- On-site training is available to get you and your students off to a succesful start. It
is more effective to be trained on your own equipment rather than go to a training site. With your approval your students are also trained so they can be your assistant to
help train other students.
- Written & video tutorials are available to show to your students while teaching classes.
- Welded steel frames rather than bolt together frames will hold up better in the long
term because there is nothing to work loose with use over time.
- Additional training available on-site and over the internet.
- Free phone and internet support is available nearly 24/7. Versus being charged by the
minute to get help. You can talk to someone in the evening and on weekends so your
are not limited to someone’s office hours.
- The stepper & servo motors on our machines are generally much stronger than others
selling for a similar price.
- Our plasma tables have replaceable leafs that you can easily make by shearing steel
so you wont need to buy expensive table parts and pay to ship them across the country.
- Forest Scientific Corporation machines and upgrades are designed to be able to be
upgraded at a low cost when technology changes.
- All machines have an Emergency stop and safety stickers to remind the users to
operate the machine safely.
If you have any questions or need clarification call John at 1-800-956-4056 X1001.